I love reading devotionals. I love reading devotionals with the kids. We have several different ones. They really get you thinking and I love that. Devotions Off The Map is a 52-week devotional journey….one devotion for each week. It’s perfect for kids ages 6-10, but could easily work for kids a bit older.
There is a page at the beginning of the book for you to write the child’s name. There is a part that explains each section of the devotion to the partents. Each devotion has 6 sections:
- The Overlook–a brief description that lets you and your child know what will be discussed
- This Is The Way–a key Bible verse plus additional scripture references
- Lessons From The Tangled Treehouse–easy to read devotion
- Shady Grove Prayer–a simple but effective prayer
- Field Study–four discussion questions, these are not “yes” or “no” questions. they will get your child thinking
- Walking To Boulder Bridge–helps your child apply what they learned
The Devotions Off the Map: A 52-Week Devotional Journey is a great devotional to give to a child as a gift. They can read the devotions by themselves or it can be done as a family!
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher in exchange for this review.